Frequently Asked Questions
- Isn't it cheaper to replace my TV instead of repairing it? Usually no! Although there are certain instances where a replacement is recommended, most of the time it is cheaper to have it repaired. In addition to saving you some hard earned money, it is also better for the environment, and allows you to continue enjoying the product that you are familiar with.
- How far in advance will I need to schedule a service call? We can often schedule a service call to your home or business within a day or two. The sooner you contact us, the quicker we can get you on the schedule!
- What will happen when the technician arrives? He will listen to the concerns you have with the television and do a preliminary evaluation. At this point he will determine how the situation should best be handled. For example, could the problem be easily repaired on-site or would it be more cost effective to take the unit to the shop for further evaluation and repair? He will also discuss the anticipated repair costs. Our goal is to provide you with the best possible combination of price, speed, and convenience in the repair process. The details will vary depending on the situation.
- Is it better to bring the TV into your shop or schedule a service call? This depends on several factors including the size of your TV, the nature of your problem, and your proximity to our South Daytona location. Many of our customers prefer our on-site service, especially for larger screen sizes or where transporting would be difficult. In general it is more cost effective to bring smaller sets (32" and under) in for service. Please note that our Seminole County service (Lake Mary/Sanford/Longwood TV repair) is on-site only.
- How long will it take to get my TV repaired? The length of time mostly depends on the availability of parts. Once we have completed the diagnosis of your unit (usually within a couple days), we will call you up with an estimate and let you know if parts need to be ordered and the expected length of time. We strive to repair your item quickly, however we also take the time to make sure we get it right the first time.
- The screen on my flat screen TV is cracked. Is this repairable? Unfortunately both Plasma and LCD panel replacement generally exceed the cost of a replacement set as they are only available as a complete assembly.